“If you are a coach… read this book to find out more deeply who you are, what you do, and where you work. So readable, and inspiring!” — Michael Fullan
“New coaches should definitely have this book in their collection as it will surely provide a springboard for reflection and learning.” — Elena Aguilar
“I have seen Jim in action as a coach, and in this book, the king of coaching has revealed his soul, secrets, and success.” — John Hattie
Facing unrelenting pressure from administrators and parents and caught in a race against time to improve student outcomes, educators can easily become discouraged (or worse, burn out completely) without a robust coaching system in place to support them.
For more than 20 years, perfecting such a system has been the paramount objective of best-selling author and coaching expert Jim Knight and his team of researchers at the Instructional Coaching Group (ICG). In The Definitive Guide to Instructional Coaching, Knight offers a blueprint for establishing, administering, and assessing an instructional coaching program laser-focused on every educator’s ultimate goal: the academic success of students.
* An in-depth guide to the Impact Cycle, ICG’s research-based and field-tested model for coaching teachers through issues that matter most to them;
* Detailed guidance on how to create a “playbook” of instructional strategies to share with collaborating teachers—and how to model those strategies under different conditions;
* Practical advice on preparing for and engaging in substantive, reflective, and teacher-centered coaching conversations;
* Best practices for gathering, analyzing, and responding to data for improved teaching and learning; and
* Real-life anecdotes and testimonies from educators and coaches who have reaped the benefits of the Impact Cycle in a diverse array of schools.
In addition, each chapter of the book contains a learning map to help orient you and a list of valuable additional resources to complement the text. Whether you’re new to coaching or well versed in the practice, The Definitive Guide to Instructional Coaching will no doubt become your go-to resource for powerful coaching that has an unmistakeable positive impact on students and, indeed, all educators.
Created by identifying common factors in successful coaching programs from all over the world, The Definitive Guide to Instructional Coaching: Seven Factors for Success by Jim Knight offers a blueprint for establishing, administering, and assessing an instructional coaching program laser-focused on every educator’s ultimate goal: the academic success of students.Order a copy