Introduction to Leadership Coaching provides a grounding in Growth Coaching International’s approach to effective coaching in education.
This highly practical course explores three elements of effective coaching practice: the GROWTH conversational framework; the ‘key coaching skills’; and a ‘coaching way of being’. It also provides an introduction to the concept of a coaching approach as a leadership stance and applies this to the context of feedback conversations.
Participants will quickly develop the awareness, skills and confidence to have coaching conversations and to apply their learning in other conversational contexts.
Offered in partnership with Growth Coaching International.
This workshop addresses the following areas:
- Defining coaching and introducing the GROWTH framework
- The GROWTH framework and goal setting
- Key coaching skills – listening to encourage thinking, asking powerful questions, and paraphrasing and summarizing
- The key skill of noticing and a coaching approach to offering feedback
- The Coaching Way of Being, trust, and emotional intelligence
- Putting it all together and planning next steps
Participants will gain:
- Confidence and skills to lead more effective learning conversations
- Techniques for offering feedback that support growth and performance
- More effective goal setting and attainment
- Essential skills for leaders, coaches and mentors
- A contemporary way of leading & influencing
- Immediately implementable skills and approaches
- Increased self-awareness
- Educational Leaders
- Aspiring Leaders
- Coaches, Mentors, Professional Learning Leaders
- Administrators, Managers
- In-House Groups
- Communities, Networks
- Six weeks, meets once a week
- 2:30pm - 4:30pm CST
For individuals with schedule conflicts or who live in different time zones, this workshop is recorded and available for registrants to watch on-demand for 30 days.
This workshop is offered in both a virtual format and on-site. If you would like to bring Introduction to Leadership Coaching to your school or district, please email Erin@instructionalcoaching.com.
If you are interested in attending with a group of 14+ from your school/district and want to ensure you are experiencing this workshop as a team, contact us to register for a private session >>
If a workshop cohort does not meet enrollment minimum, registrations will be transferred to another offered cohort date of your choice.
If you do not receive an email containing course information at least 1 day prior to the event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.