When instructional coaches begin their new role, there is often a deep sense of anticipation and excitement. They may also feel a bit overwhelmed by the amount of content and information they feel is needed to flourish in their new role.
The next logical question for most instructional coaches is, “Where do I start?”
That’s why we are thrilled to share the details of this eight-week course starting on January 9, 2023.
A Framework for Instructional Coaching: The Seven Success Factors features a newly expanded agenda and is designed to provide new instructional coaches and leaders with everything they need to launch and sustain a successful instructional coaching program.
THE EIGHT-WEEK WORKSHOP
The 8-week introductory workshop was built to help any new coach through the challenges, questions, and new relationships that come with taking on the exciting role of instructional coach.
newly expanded agenda
- Enrolling teachers in coaching
- Partnership principles
- Creating role clarity with administrators
- Defining your role and ways to describe it
- Planning your coaching day
- Supporting teachers through the partnership principles
- Documenting what you do
- Getting started with the Impact Cycle
- Using video to support professional learning
- Exploring methods to get a clear picture of reality
- Understanding PEERS goals
- Designing PEERS goals with impact
- High-impact teaching strategies teachers can use to hit goals
- How to explain and share high-impact teaching strategies
- Ways to model and implement high-impact strategies
- How to gather data and what data is essential
Weekly 90-minute Zoom session + 30 minutes of Q&A
This intensive workshop runs for eight weeks with each weekly session consisting of an interactive, one-hour presentation on one or more of the topics listed below. Learners will collaborate with instructional coaches from a wide-range of experiences and locations. Sessions will be facilitated by Jim Knight and the ICG consulting team.
January 9, 2023 – February 27, 2023
Meets mostly on Mondays 2:30pm – 4:00pm CST
- January 9
- January 17
- January 23
- January 30
- February 6
- February 13
- February 21
- February 27
All participants will receive a copy of The Definitive Guide to Instructional Coaching and a course workbook packed with tools that they will need to succeed as Instructional coaches.
If this is something you and your colleagues are interested in attending, we strongly suggest you register as soon as possible, before the event reaches maximum capacity.
For more information A Framework for Instructional Coaching: The Seven Success Factors